Saturday, January 2, 2010

CBC Results


In honor of the Christmas Bird Count, I suppose it is appropriate that the first images coming off the camera trap I set more than a week ago are Ocellated Turkeys. This is just one of 33 turkey photos in the series. One thing about the turkeys, as I've mentioned before, once they get in front of the camera, they tend to stay there. And am I glad to see them -- I was beginning to think I'd really lost my touch choosing camera location and set-up.

And .... drum roll please... the 19th Gallon Jug Christmas Bird Count results are in. All told, we counted 202 species, up one species from last year, and 2161 individuals, down from last year. For those that might be wondering, since turkeys are on topic, they totaled 111.

All in all, not bad. Not bad at all considering the deluge of rain we've had over the past several days and nights leaving us in downright swampy conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment